A prelude for my fall




 There is no other season as intangible as fall! I always feel bittersweet when talking about it. It is hard to describe my feelings about the season, but I know it is the most important season for me and many other resident of Davis, because most of us arrived here the first time at fall! so fall time is really the earliest memory we had for Davis!

Things keep changing in the fall season. It is not much different from the summer at beginning, sunny and cozy all the time. However, very soon there would be rainy days, windy days, and foggy days coming out all of sudden. Nevertheless, the most miraculous change appears around mid-November. The leaves on the trees in Davis would suddenly turn to bright red and yellow colors, and that just makes the scenery of the city as beautiful as a dream! but the breathtaking beauty does not last long, because the leaves are falling down every second! very soon there will be no longer leaves on the trees that look almost like creepy skeletons.

The unstable characteristic of the season is also reflected in my life, because I just feel time and space are not stable any more! I have encountered kind of déjà vu feelings in a lot of places in Davis.  The things happen here are often somehow related to my past in mysterious ways. It is like what happened in the Korean drama “Winter Sonata”.  Like most people, I have a lot of regret about the things in the past, but I also know I had done the best I could at that time. Therefore, I really hope someday I can have a second chance to make the things right, and the miraculous events in Davis just make that possible! However, I am also afraid if I am going to mess up the precious second chances, because it will hurt me very much if I lose the same things all over again.

I really need a strong faith in this kind of confusing situation. I used to have no religion at all, but after experiencing all the unexplainable déjà vu, now I believe there must be a god.  He was impressed by my painstaking dedication for a better life in the past so that He is willing to give me a second chance, a fresh start for my life as my redemption! As a result, redemption has become a main topic in the fall season, and it also has influenced every decision I made in Davis! I expected after working very hard for all the second chances given to me, I will be able to fully understand the redemption of my life! (9/12/2010)

Here are the stories of my fall in Davis, and more stories are on the way to be posted:

The first fall
Sweet home
Sweet home 115
The origins of my life
The new fall
Last fall
The miraculous birthday

 















Comments

Popular Posts