The first fall




Fall season is my very first impression of this small city, Davis. The memory of just arriving at Davis is so important to me, and it is way beyond that everything was new to me!


A few years before I came to Davis, I was a graduate student in USC. I planned to finish my PhD there, but when I thought I had everything ready, I just failed the screening exam. My esteem was hurt so badly that when I had to apply the graduate schools all over again, I didn't expect to be accepted by any of them, so when I recieved the acceptance mail from UC Davis, I thought I was dreaming!


It happened just like a miracle to me! I truly believe it is a redemption of my life, because there were so much hardship and unfairness in my past, but since I've been always working hard and nice to people, I really do deserve something better in my life. I believed the new chance to study in UCD would be a big breakthrough for me, and everything would be so much better than what it used to be. Therefore, ever since I entered UCD, I've been studying and working extremely hard. I remember I often stayed up overnight, just trying to survive from the tough cellular biomechanic course, and still I had to participate in a research project at the same time!


The 2nd fall quarter was still full of challenges, because it was my first time to be a TA. My life might be stressful here, but I like that because after overcoming all the challenges, I've always learned invaluable new knowledges and become a better person, and then I just realized the meanings of my redemption much more than before! (9/17/2010)







































Comments

Popular Posts