The greenbelt in north Davis



When I just arrived at Davis, I found this beautiful lake in north Davis.

Later I knew the lake is a part of Northstar Park, and there is a huge riparian conservation area nearby. It provides an undisturbed habitat for the native animals and plants. I was really impressed by the effort of the city to protect the natural environment.

After some time, I also found that Northstar Park is just a part of an even bigger greenbelt system in north Davis. Greenbelt is such an amazing idea! All the green areas, such as parks and backyards of the houses and apartments, are all combined to form a giant green zone where the wild animals can move freely without encountering too much disturbance from human activities.

Besides, the beautiful scenaries in the greenbelt seen from the biking paths just make people more willing to substitute driving with cycling, and that drastically eliminates the air pollution. It is an important achievement when the world is threatened by the global warming.

The wonderful thought behind the greenbelt really enlightens me a lot and makes me think about the relationship between human and nature in a completely different way. (6/5/2010)










Comments

Popular Posts