Beautiful spring time




(Modified from my article aimed for the photo contest in my UDN website)


I never knew I would live in a small town along the countryside. I thought the life here would be boring, but then I was surprised by how wonderful it is!


In Isao Takahata's famous cartoon movie "Only Yesterday", the agriculture was described as a beautiful balance between mother nature and human creativity, and that is exactly what I feel in Davis! Therefore, I've learned to appreciate the beauty of flora and fauna in the wild and the subtle signs of seasonal changes, and always found inspiration for my life from the laws governing the force of nature! I guess my mind is much clearer without the hassles in big cities, so just like the actress in the movie, I can recall so many things in my childhood! My awakening is so fascinating that I truly believe there will be miracles waiting for me in the nearly future, right here in Davis!


Every resident in this amazing city also feels the same way as I do! There is a very comprehensive environment friendly transportation system in Davis. All the school, business, and residential areas are connected by the well maintained bike paths and bus routes, so people can drive much less here and the air pollution harmful to the nature is effectively reduced. Another amazing idea is the construction of Toad Tunnel. To prevent the frogs from being crushed by the cars, the city government built this tunnel for the frogs to pass from its habitat to the places across the road. Most people think these ideas are like dreams, too far away from reality, but at here the dreams not only came true but also became the spirit of Davis! and after I came here, the spirit has also become my faith! (3/30/2010)




















Comments

Popular Posts