The miraculous birthday



Our destiny is such an amazing thing, because in my family, there are 3 people who have exactly the same birthday! on the same day, in the same month and the same year! It is already unusual to know 3 people in close proximity to have the same horoscope sign, but there were 3 people with the exact same birthday living together in the same house in San Jose, and they are all belong to my family!

There are so many strange things happening in this small town, Davis, and I spent a lot of time thinking if they were arranged by our destiny, or just some kind of wonderful coincidence? but for my family members in San Jose, I truly believe what happens to them is not a coincidence at all! because even we can calculate the probability of 3 people having the same birthday, we can never predict the beautiful love story behind this miracle!

To completely narrate the story, let me start at the time when I just came to the U.S. It was a sunny and cozy afternoon, I went to San Jose with my parents to visit my two cousins there. I have been acquainted with them since I was a kid, and they have come to the U.S. since the 3rd year of their junior high school.

I saw my older cousin, M, was busy arranging things and decorating the room, because someone was going to visit him very soon. Although everything looked very neat in the house, he still thought it wasn’t good enough. Therefore, we all definitely thought that the status of this visitor must be very important!

Yes and this person was even more important than we thought! She was the girl in M’s heart! and it would be her first visit to his house!

It might not be important for the other guys to like someone, but love has a very different meanings for my cousin M! He is such a devoting guy who longs for a steady and everlasting love relationship, so he can understand how much effort and responsibility needed for the commitment. After he broke up with his first love, he had been single for many years. Although there were so many nice and pretty girls around him, he had never fallen in love again. He put all his focus on his schoolwork and jobs instead. Therefore, when we knew M had someone in his heart, we were all shocked very much!

At that time, I just realized that anxiety is infectious, because everyone there were just as nervous as M to wait for this important girl to show up!


**************************************************



I remember M went to somewhere to meet her first, and we saw her with him later outside the house. She was not only beautiful but also gorgeous in every way! and also really cool in her styles! She was driving a yellow convertible that looked just like the half moon! and when we saw how cheerful M was with her, we all felt that she must be the angel who took the moon with her from above! because we had never seen M so happy before!

M told us how he met this girl, S. It was an ordinary day as usual. He went to the appointment with the dentist, and S happened to be the dental assistant there. When M gave her the medical history form filled with his personal information, she was surprised to see that they had exactly the same birthday! All of a sudden, two completely strangers just had a lot to talk about, and they just fell in love with each other before they knew that!

It is already very difficult to have two persons with exactly the same birthday, but M also had a twin brother, who is my cousin, B, therefore all of the 3 people have been born at exactly the same time!

M left the house with S, and they did not show up in our dinner. After the dinner, B asked me if I wanted to join his paparazzi mission for M and S’ date! I could not resist knowing the first hand gossip so I went with him! We were all very curious about what kind of girl S is, because no girl had been able to steal M’s heart so quickly as S did!

On our way to find them, we left the bustling city and went into the dark mountain area for a while. Then, there were lights again all of a sudden! We were on a street with very beautiful light decoration. The place was so wonderful that I almost thought I was in the dream! B told me this is the renowned beautiful town in the bay area, Saratoga. He parked the car in the parking lot of a vintage style café house. This café was built on the hill, so we could see M and S inside clearly from the parking lot uphill! We did not worry that they might saw us, because they saw nothing but each other in their eyes! They were so into each other and it seemed they had so many things to talk about! and during their conversation, sometimes S would lean her head on M’s shoulder! We were all very touched by the scene filled with immense happiness! Finally I really understood what “love is in the air’ means!

We were all felt so happy for M, because S is really the right girl for him! She is meant for him just like Newton's law of gravitation is meant for everything in universe! No one would ever doubt that they belong to each other!





**************************************************



Time flies like an arrow! After 2 years, the love relationship of M and S had gotten more stronger, and we all regarded her as one of our family!

At that time M was a student of a famous chiropractic medical school in the bay area. In addition to learning all the basic medicine knowledge, he also needed to study and perform chiropractic manipulation. It was a very new field at that time, and there was not much reference material available, so it was very difficult for him to prepare for those classes. Beside, he had to learn a lot of neurology that is extremely difficult to learn for any medical student! It was just like a miracle for M to overcome all these challenges, and he told me he could make it and get his medical license all because of S’ unconditional support for him! She was always very thoughtful and considerate, never asking him to spend too much time with her, and she would always encourage him to hang in there so that he had all the confidence needed to face all the obstacles!

After knowing more about S, we found she really has a good heart underneath her enigmatic appearance! Wherever she went, not only guys but also girls all praised her highly, because she was always very amiable to everyone, never worrying about spending too much time to help the others. M appreciated S’ characteristics very much. He told me he always felt so relaxed around S that he could all just be himself, and she would be very happy with him even in the very cheap fast food restaurant like MacDonald! It is so easy to lose ourselves in pursuing vanity of this world, but M was so lucky that he met a girl with the wisdom beyond worldly values, so he could find out what he really wanted with her help and pursue his dreams without restraint!

In a very critical moment of my life, she had also offered me a lot of help generously! Therefore, I’ve always felt so grateful toward her and admired her ability to offer me so much help in a short time! I truly think M is very lucky to meet such a wonderful girl!

An year later, M and S decided to get married! They took a lot of effort to prepare the wedding, and everything in this dream wedding showed they are deeply in love with each other! They also took a lot of wedding photos, and these pictures are truly touching and beautiful! Some of the photos became the posters in their houses. One of the posters was captioned with the lyric of the old love song “Angel Baby”, just corresponding to the moment when we saw S in M’s house, we all thought she was an angel coming down from the sky!



**************************************************



The miraculous birthday has an incomparable meanings for me, because it lets me believe that miracles do happen in the world, and lets me know that there is a direction in this universe, and our life does not just randomly exist. There is a higher purpose for every life, and as long as we can find it, we will feel fulfilled and there will be no more regret or sorrow in our life! The happiness in the life of M and S together is just a perfect example! The belief endowed me the power to pass through the most difficult time in my life, because when I was about to give up all my hopes, I just thought about these miracles and then I got back my courage to keep fighting!

Just like me, all the people around M and S had perceived this positive energy brought by the true love between them! When M and S just knew each other, B had fallen in love too! B met a pretty girl, A, who just rocked his world when he went to Taiwan for vacation, and they were really meant for each other, just as alphabet A and B should be next to each other! However, A was still studying college in Taiwan, and the long distance between them was really a huge challenge for their love relationship! but because of the great encouragement from M and S’ life full of happiness, he decided he would dedicate all his life to be with A no matter how difficult it could be!

B’s persistence did pay off greatly! He found a very good job offer in Taiwan, so he could go to Taiwan to be with A without worrying about anything! After some time, B and A were married at the time very close to when M and S got married! and A came back to the U.S. with B, and then all 4 people lived together in this big house!

At that time, I was very lucky to get into the graduate program of biomedical engineering in a very good school in LA, but after studying there for an year, I was unable to pass the PhD screening exam. My esteem was so low, because all my effort for a better life had been in vain!

Nevertheless, when I started to recall what happened on that day when I witnessed the miracle happening in my cousins’ house, I realized all my frustrations were just the tests for my faith, because if one day I could also have my own miraculous day, I would then also feel very lucky for myself. At that time, all the hurts I got from the past would all be no big deals, all the unfairness I received would be just like practical jokes, and all the unfortunate events in my life could be told to the others as interesting stories! I would even do just like what M once told me what he did, thanking all the people who hurt me before to lead me to this beautiful day full of happiness! Although I did not know when my miraculous day would come, but we all live our life only once, we should go for it no matter what!

Therefore, I took the GRE and applied for the graduate program again. I preferred to either go back to LA or go to the East Coast to study, but the only school that accepted me was where M has been there for 4 years, UC Davis! Is it just a coincidence? or will it lead to another wonderful miracle arranged by the destiny again? I don’t know but I already feel lucky for being able to see my cousins’ family more often!

The miraculous birthday is just a few days away! It is really a wonderful day, making me feel so warm in my heart even in cold February! At the end of this article, I would like to wish all of them happy birthday in advance!

 (The Chinese version of this post is here)


















Comments

Popular Posts