Sweet home 115



My roommate T will go back to Taiwan soon, and many people have come to his farewell dinner today. Whenever I think about the past two years of being his roommate, I always feel so lucky for my life! I remember I was very down when I just moved here, even thinking about giving up my research, but T and his friends would always cheer me up and make me feel much better!

Things were going well for me later on, so I started to make plans to change my ways in order to avoid the previous mistakes. I really appreciate T’s willing to spend a lot of time to give me a lot of valuable advice, from the  clothes I should wear to the directions of my life. Sometimes I did not agree with him at first , but only found he was right later! I really need to thank him for helping me and taking care of me.

I still remember when I have already fallen asleep on new year’s eve two years ago, he woke me up and asked me to go to the new year count down with him in Old Town Sacramento. If I did not go there with him, I don’t think if my life could have been so wonderful in the past two years! He told me that we should all have a new start in the new year, and since then I have told myself the same thing at the start of every year!

I only regret that later on I was too busy for my schoolwork to attend the parties with him, especially during the time of preparing my PhD qualify exam. He has been there for me all the time, so I should really spend more time to participate in the events of his life. I am still learning how to use my time more wisely, and I hope he would forgive my mistakes.

T told us the reason he decided to go back to Taiwan, and it really touches me. Just like the ending of the movie, “Good Will Hunting”, many of the important decisions in our life are often made instantly, because our feelings at that specific moment reveals what our heart really wants, and I really admire his courage to truly follow his heart. We can only live once, so if we are lucky to encounter a right place, a right time, or a right person for us, we must cherish the chance seriously, because no any kind of happiness can be taken for granted.We need to be grateful about every good thing happening to us, because it will fleet away if we don’t pay attention.  Although I have heard about this many times already, but T showed me the first time what is the life without any regret! His happiness is definitely what everyone including me should pursue with all our heart! I truly thank him for giving me such an important lesson of life, and I will keep learning from him in the future!

At last I wish him to have a nice trip, and also wish him all the best for his life in Taiwan. I also hope to meet him in Taiwan soon! (9/28/2010)















Comments

Popular Posts