My aggie inspiration



After working in the food industry for a while, I have been constantly thinking about how to make the food production process more environment-friendly, in particular with my knowledge and skills in biomedical engineering.

It is obvious that the current farming practices are harmful to our environment. The habitats for the native species were destroyed, the water resource has been depleted, and the chemical used in agriculture can further damage the surrounding ecosystems. The livestock production also produces a tremendous amount of the greenhouse gases.

However, agriculture is not always bad. I still remember that I was so excited to see those big farms in Davis. I got so much inspiration from the spectacular views and started to really think about how to live in harmony with nature. I believe most of our farm lands will be converted to natural reserves eventually, but we should never forget how these farms has brought us much closer to the Mother Nature! Please check out my previous posts to know how I was inspired in Davis:

Beautiful spring time

Mystic summer time

California Raptor Center - A sanctuary for the big birds
  
The greenbelt in north Davis

The origins of my life

Comments

Popular Posts