Mystic summer time



It is summer in Davis with exuberant sunlight and unbearable heat. There is no cloud or rain but a pure blue sky above, and everyday seems to be the same as the day before, but underneath the monotonous appearance of the summer there is a mystic entity beyond our imagination!

After three seasons with so many unpredictable changes, I am so amazed by the serenity of summer, because it enlightens me to find the answers I've been searching for: Why am I in this world? and what is written in my fate? The steadiness in summer reflects what we all long for - a secure life full of happiness. No matter how dramatic the changes were in the previous seasons, everything just lies here so peaceful during the summer! It implies that there is a direction in this universe, and our life does not just randomly exist. There is a purpose for every life, and as long as we can find it, we will feel fulfilled and there will be no more regret or sorrow in our life!

The famous quote, "everything happens for a reason", in the TV show, "Lost", exactly reflects what I found in the summer. Just like the people in "Lost" trying to leave the island at beginning, when I came to Davis, I also felt so bored and always wished for a chance to go back to USC and live in bustling downtown LA again. However, also just like what happened in the show that the people were fascinated by the miracles on the island, I have witnessed so many beautiful miracles happening here! I could not believe that so many dreams of mine that I've been pursuing for a very long time would all suddenly come true in this small town! and then I have realized that this is the best place for me to stay! In fact, if all the farms at here become ocean, then Davis would also be an island!

Every resident in this marvelous city also feels the same way as I do! There is a 3 day huge event, Whole Earth Festival, every year at the beginning of summer. In the event, there are divine ceremonies for a variety of religions such as Buddism and Hinduism, and the balance between the human and the mother nature is emphysized. From the event, I just realized that all the disasters in the world such as global warming are caused by our lacking respect to the mother nature. We exploited so much natural resource without knowing the consequence of our action. The only way to save ourselves from total destruction is to learn to feel and respect the mystical idenity of our natural environment. When we do that, we will understand not only the purpose of our life but also the direction of the universe, and we will live not only in happiness for all of our life but also in great harmony with our mother nature! (5/31/2010)

Here is the official website of Whole Earth Festival: http://wef.ucdavis.edu/




























Comments

Popular Posts